OH, CHRISTMAS TREE

December 03, 2016



We put up our Christmas tree a couple of weeks ago and although it looks the same every year it’s still my favorite. These probably aren’t the most exciting pictures but whatever. I really miss blogging. I feel like running a business has been so all consuming that I really miss just capturing our lives and posting our memories. I always tend to post other people's memories on my social media. Anyways, I’m going to try my hardest to take our camera with me on adventures and really blog because so many things have changed and are changing. It’s craziness. 




Although our lives aren’t that exciting (blame school, boooo) here are some of the things that have happened in the past 8 months: 

-I’ve been doing a lot of floral work. Summer and first part of fall got really busy. I’m feeling a little bit burnt out but the holidays and the slow season is really helping. Recently I’ve been kind of rethinking what I want to do with my life. I really LOVE my other job right now and I had to ask a lot of work off because summer was so busy with floral work. I know that if I quit now and dive into my floral business I can really make it my full time career but I love my other job so much and I’m jus not really sure if I’m ready to give that up. Plus we may be moving. I’m not sure.. I’m always in a weird limbo.

-I became a vegan in May!!!! It’s been the most amazing and positive change in my life. My body feels amazing on the inside and it’s nice knowing that I’m helping the environment by my dietary choices. 

-This may be TMI, but I visited a dermatologist for skin issues that I’ve had for over a decade. He started me on some treatments but I also had to visit other doctors to really get my hormones tested. It was so refreshing to know why I have some of the symptoms. I got diagnosed with PCOS. The first month of learning how to manage it was sort of difficult, mostly because I didn’t like hearing that I have a disease that is not curable. It was an adjustment but now it’s fine and something that only crosses my mind once in awhile. I do not have some of the symptoms, which has been nice. One of the things that my doctor has told me is that since I have PCOS I need to watch my diet (I have a higher risk of developing diabetes) and especially avoid animal product (especially dairy) and by that point I have been a vegan for 3 months and I was like YES I’M ALREADY DOING THAT.

-We celebrated my 23rd birthday and Jeremy's 26th. I can't believe my husband is closer to being 30 than to being 20. It's crazy!!

-We booked a trip to Paris!! Woo hoo!! 

and finally: 

JEREMY GOT ACCEPTED TO DENTAL SCHOO!!! It’s still unreal to us and I’m still in a little bit of a shock (not because I didn’t think he could do it but because we have waited for this day for over 4 years). He got accepted to 2 schools actually, one in Utah and one in Kentucky. Although talking about finances is sort of taboo, I want to be open about it for the next little bit. We are leaning towards Kentucky because it’s $80,000 cheaper than the Utah school. Although it will be very hard to move away from family and friends (and Utah mountains) we think that the average debt for dental school ($400K) is already crippling and we would like to minimize that as much as possible. And Jeremy loves University of Louisville so much as well. It has been one of his top schools for a while. I remember him mentioning it to me almost 3 years ago and I always had a really good feeling about it. He is still waiting to hear back from 2 schools (another Utah school and a school in Florida) and those schools may make him reconsider Louisville. However since we have been waiting to know for over 4 years we would like to focus on the offers we have and not wait for the other schools. I want to at least start imagining our lives in Kentucky and doing some research instead of still guessing. Mostly I’m just tired of guessing. But I will keep this blog updated if anything changes and he gets a different offer. 

You Might Also Like

1 thoughts

  1. missed you on the blogosphere, mila! so thrilled for jeremy and you guys!!!!! so exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe